13 January 2011

Moroccan-inspired Living Room


When I moved out of my college dorms and made the transition to my "big girl" graduate housing, I needed furniture desperately. My first purchase? A bright red couch, which I still absolutely adore. I've always been drawn to the gorgeous jewel tones associated with Moroccan culture, and I think the red couch provides a solid foundation on which to build a Moroccan-inspired living room. The lanterns, embossed tin and end tables add touches of Moroccan flair without the room losing its contemporary feel. 

I know some people are wary of color, but in this case, the red actually works as a neutral against the khaki, yellow, blue and green. If you were really daring, you could do a light blue (from the rug) on the walls for an even greater saturation of color. Toss a couple of sparkly sari pillows (like these below) on the couch and you're set!



Product List
  1. Pottery Barn Comfort Square Upholstered Sofa in Cardinal Red
  2. World Market Jala Medallion Tufted Wool Rug
  3. World Market Latika Amber Lanters
  4. Urban Outfitters Print Shop Kew Gardens from the North-East
  5. Pier One Embossed Tiles Wall Decor
  6. Behr Jungle Khaki
  7. Pottery Barn Peyton Linen Cotton Drape in Mineral Green
  8. Moroccan Side Table

No comments:

Post a Comment