17 January 2011

Green & Brown Bedroom



Much of what you see above is actually already in Landon's and my bedroom--the white curtains, an embossed tile hanging (though a different one than the one shown here) and the white-on-white striped comforter set. Our walls are a green paint very similar to the green in picture 3: it's soft, comforting and relaxing. The entire effect of the white, light green and brown is like a spa, which is exactly what we need after long days teaching and working at the bank. 

In this room's layout board, I have two sets of curtains, which is different than the other rooms I've done. I am a VERY particular sleeper (I have to have all the doors closed, the covers a certain way, my pillows arranged around me...the list goes on and on, much to Landon's chagrin); one of my many sleeping necessities is a completely dark room. The room we have now is equipped with plantation shutters and covered with the sheer white curtains: while the sheers don't do much to help, the plantation shutters keep out all the light. BUT when we move into a bigger apartment or house in May, we probably won't have those shutters. The solution? Add in a second layer of darker, heavier curtains, which also happen to be super adorable. I LOVE the multi-colored polka dots on these! As an added bonus, the curtains have Nantucket blue dots on them (in addition to beige and light green): this helps tie the room in subtly to our bathroom, which is painted in Nantucket blue. 

Product List
  1. Sunburst Mirror
  2. Pier One Polka Dot Window Panels in Carafe Brown
  3. Bed Bath and Beyond Delano Sheer Curtains
  4. Wamutta Damask White Duvet Cover
  5. Green and Brown Pillow
  6. Embossed Metal Wall Art
  7. Triple Gourd Clear Glass Lamp

No comments:

Post a Comment