07 February 2011

Second Bedroom

Our second bedroom is somewhat of a design challenge--Landon and I need it to serve many different functions, while at the same time, remaining with the same flow and style of the rest of the house.


I love blues, greens and khakis--and most of the house will use these colors--but for some reason, I've been draw to a bolder palette for the second room. I'm hoping the end result will use a palette similar to this one:


I love the beige, light blue and silver with punches of vibrant orange. I hope to include even more silver in our space to really make everything seem contemporary and full of light.


I'm currently in love with the Closetmaid storage at Target. Think this, but painted in a silver:
And with these bins:

I might even get adventurous enough to paint the walls a light grey (yikes! Definitely a new one for me!).


Hopefully, the blue and beige will serve as anchors to the rest of the house, so this room doesn't seem like an anomaly from the rest of our rooms.


We'll use a convertible couch/bed as a way to offer sleeping space for our guests when they need it, but still have the flexibility to use the room's entirety when people aren't over (which, let's face it, will be 50 weeks out of the year).

1 comment:

  1. grey is gorgeous! dont be afraid of it :) I painted my kitchen grey and it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete