07 August 2012

Bedroom Collage and Online Thrifting

Overall, what our house needs right now is accessories. As we still have lots of big projects still in the chute (the hallway renovation, the kitchen re-do and an overhaul of both upstairs bathrooms), the paintings, photos and other wall decorations have been slow in coming. One thing at a time, right?!

For our bedroom, I put together a collage of things for the wall to the left of our bed. I found a cute subway-style sign to match with a vintage metal "D," a vintage scalloped metal frame and a three picture frame. 

The sign says (among other cute things): "You're the cheese to my macaroni, you are the horizon to my sky." So perfect for us! 

As for the two metal elements, I got them both through Etsy. I know a lot of people turn to the site for cute homemade things, but they also have tons of shops that deal exclusively in vintage and antique items. I love digging through an antiques store or Goodwill as much as the next person, but those searches can be annoying when you know exactly what you want, but can't find it (I have this particular problem with vintage Pyrex. I want it but I can't EVER find it!!). Etsy solves that problem for interior designers who want that perfect vintage piece but don't have the time or patience to go thrifting. Use it, love it, and thank me later!

But back to the decorating, the room is still not perfect--I feel like it's a little off somehow--but it's a work in progress (like most things around here). I haven't found anything that I love to put in the middle of the frame, but I'm searching. I'd like a little fleur de lis or something. I guess I'll know it when I see it. 




Decorating Details:
Black frame: Target
Silver scalloped frame: vintage find on Etsy
Metal "D": vintage find on Etsy
3 shelf bookcase in white: Walmart
Subway sign: Signals

No comments:

Post a Comment